Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I have a vice...

...and it's any dessert that has bananas in it.

Odd? Perhaps. Delicious? Of course. Be it banana cream pie shakes from Sonic, (order with caution, they are HIGHLY addictive) my mom's banana pudding, (which, I discovered yesterday, is the best banana pudding in the world) or a chocolate-covered-banana-on-a-stick from my favorite locally-owned Paleteria (Mary's), I just can't help myself. I love banana treats.
I did a little research on what the word vice actually means, because I'll be honest and tell you I've been throwing it around for a while now without actually knowing if I use it correctly. Wikipedia told me this:

"Vice is a practice or habit that is considered immoral, depraved, and/or degrading in the associated society... In more minor useages, vice can refer to a fault, a defect, an infirmity, or merely a bad habit. Synomyms for vice include fault, depravity, sin, iniquity, wickedness and corruption. The modern English term that best captures its original meaning is the word vicious, which means 'full of vice.'"

Eh. I wouldn't call my love for banana desserts wicked, or immoral, or even depraved, but maybe it could be labeled as a fault, defect, or bad habit.

Fine, I'll just say it. Hi, my name is Cris, and I am a Banana Treat Addict.

No comments: