Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hiatus: Terminated

Now THIS is awesome:Thanks to "Kids Zone" I was able to make this awesome pie chart illustrating the progress of my fundraising. As you can see, the chart, in Brazilian flag colors, shows you that I am 68.3% of the way to completing my fundraising for my first year of work in Natal. This fact alone made me so excited that I Googled "Pie Chart" and made one to show you precisely how far along I am. Then, not only was I excited about my fundraising, but I was excited about making a pie chart, because I meticulously chose the colors, font, font size, and chart style. This is what I do on Saturdays. (By the way, that 31.6% of blue up there represents $5,646 that I still lack. You know where to go >>.)

Things have been going remarkably well recently. As graduation quickly approaches, only 4ish weeks away, I am overcome with all kinds of conflicting emotions. I get excited, then I get sad, then I get really sad, then I think about Natal and get excited again, then I go to Highland and get sad again, then I hang out with friends and realize how much I am going to miss them, then I make a pie chart and forget my sorrows. I guess this is what happens when a phase of your life is coming to a close.

I'm sure all of you are anxiously awaiting the next installment of Introductions with Cris, so here we go: These are the fabulous missionaries who live in Natal. Marisa and Roberto, in white and blue, and their daughter, Andressa, in black in the middle. I would call them "some of the most amazing people I have ever known" but then my mom and sister would roll their eyes at my use of superlatives. However, the Signorettis truly are some of the most amazing people I have ever known. They received our team like we were their own children and shared their lives with us like we were old friends. Before we ever even met them, Marisa was signing her emails to me with "I love you." Their only daughter, Andressa, shares her parents with all of the other young people in the church who don't have parents to look up to, and shares them willingly. They are kind, generous, hilarious, passionate, and an asset to the city of Natal. This family is one of the primary reasons I wanted to return to Natal. Working under their supervision will be a privilege and is sure to be a blessed experience.



1 comment:

Mark and Kelly said...

Another brilliant post.