Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy August!


With the 2008 Presidential elections 15 months away, it's amazing how much I am already obsessed with the race. I have come as a huge surprise to myself, given that I won't even be living in the country for the majority of the campaigning process.

I watched the MSNBC debate back in April. I watched the CNN YouTube debate last week. I watched reruns of the YouTube debate any time CNN re-aired it. I read any and all articles I find on news sites online. I watch CNN and the Today Show all morning every day that I babysit. My dinner conversation with my parents last night was all about the democratic candidates (because that's who we have seen more of lately, particularly in the Clinton vs. Obama tiff. We're a Newsweek family.) I know who is ahead in the different states' polls, and who is beating whom in what order. I have my predictions on who will win the Democratic and Republican nominations. I have my faves*, and my not-so-faves*, and my theories on why my not-so-faves would fail miserably in the White House.

Who am I?

I didn't even vote in the last Presidential election (by conscious choice, not by ignorance, so please keep your comments to yourself,) but am very concerned that my absentee registration will malfunction while I am in Natal and I will miss voting in 2008. Seriously, I'm in a minor-panic about this.

On an entirely unrelated note, in two days I will be able to say "I am moving to Brazil in one month," and in 3+ days I will be able to say "I am moving to Brazil in less than a month." Weird.

Xavier is officially on the market, so if you would like to give a 2001 Nissan XTerra a good home, get in touch with me. Here is her senior portrait, taken yesterday:






*Yes, faves and not-so-faves in both parties. I will not express my political preferences and opinions on this blog, but trust me, that's probably to your benefit. I'm a passionate girl, what can I say?

No comments: